This event will be held online and does not require you to meet at a physical location. Here are some key dates and times to keep in mind:
- Start Date & Time: August 11th, 2:00 PM UTC
- Project Submission Deadline: August 12th, 2:00 PM UTC
- End Of Voting Date & Time: August 13th, 2:00 PM UTC
Everyone is highly encouraged and welcome to participate in this event. This event is open to all ages. All hackers are more than welcome to collaborate in a team with other hackers. A team of more than 4 hackers will be considered ineligible.
In order to be considered for prize selection in this hackathon you must submit the following content:
- A short description of your project
- The category you are submitting for
- The team members (if any) that particpated in the project
- A link to your current codebase
- A 1-2 minute video demo demonstrating your project
Submission Rights & Display
We want to make sure you get credit for all your hard work and that we are fully transparent with you on the use of your submission. By submitting your project we have the right to:
- Promote Hackalong by using your submitted project and team members names
- Use your demo video for promotional purposes
Prizes & Winner Selection
We are excited to pick winners for Hackalong and hope you succeed! We will be giving away three prizes:
- 1 FREE Month Of TeamTreeHouse Subscription, Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse, 1 FREE MONTH of PluralSight Subscription
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- DREVO Calibur 71-Key RGB LED Backlit Wireless Bluetooth 4.0/USB Wired Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
Prizes will be determined via a voting system within Devpost. Any member of Devpost will have the ability to vote on a project. The highest vote in each category will be the winner.
In the off chance of a tie, the hackathon coordinators will make the final decision.
Live Stream Your Hack
We really hope you consider streaming your hack live on Twitch! This is a great way to showcase your skills and also encourage others dev to start developing. In order to keep track of everyone streaming the event, please add the Devsauce community (https://www.twitch.tv/communities/devsauce) to your Twitch stream! This will allow people to easily find your stream and come by and say hey :)